Where is the 6th Division?
The 6th Division encompasses Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories.
Our Bylaws (amended May 2015) are available online.
What do we do?
There is a Divisional Meet each year.
Activities include clinics, contests, displays, and layout tours.
The 2023 Divisional Meet will held in Regina, SK in May 2023.
Our newsletter, the Highball! is available online at
Have a look at the abridged history of the Division.
Please Renew Early!
Our funding is based on the number of paid-up members.
NMRA Canadian members (Online/PDF)
Officers of the Division
- Ed Molenkamp
- Assistant Superintendent
- Rick Astle firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doug Johnson
- Rick Walker
- Achievement Program
- Doug Burton, MMR
- Convention Coordinator
- Peter Ulvestad
- Highball! (newsletter) editor
- Rob Badmington email@example.com
- Operations/Layout Design Coordinator
- Cal Sexsmith firstname.lastname@example.org
Blogs by local modellers
Other Pages in the Division
- Alberta Central Railway Museum
- Alberta Central Railway Museum through its rail yard and exhibits, tells you the story of the work of railroaders, the story of train travel in Canada, the impact of Canadian Pacific Railway on settlement, and the importance of railway to Western Canada into the age when steam was retired.
- Alberta Railway Museum
- Located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, the Alberta Railway Museum (ARM) is a rustic outdoor display of railway equipment and buildings. The museum replicates a small terminal with station, water tank and shops. The main emphasis is on cars and locomotives from the Canadian National Railways (CNR), Northern Alberta Railways (NAR) and industrial and short line railways.
- Bow Valley Model Railroad Association
- A private club in Calgary, consisting of about 20 members whose interests include most popular gauges.
- British Railway Modellers of North America
- Calgary Free-mo
- Calgary Free-mo is a group of HO-scale railway modelers, building modules following the international Free-mo modular standard. Everyone owns their own modules, building whatever industry, scenery and era interests them. We then connect them together to form a large layout - it's never the same layout twice!
- Calgary Model Railway Society
- Bringing together modelers that belong to local clubs as well as all the
independent modelers in the Calgary area.
- Calgary Model Trainmen
- Calgary's oldest model railroad club.
- Echo Valley Railway Guild
- Regina, Saskatchewan.
- Edmonton Area Model Railroad Pages
- Model Railroading in and around Edmonton, Alberta
- Edmonton Model Railroad Association
- Building and operating a 31' x 50' double-deck HO layout.
- Edmonton Society of Model Railroad Engineers
- Two layouts in HO and N scale.
- Forth Junction Heritage Society
- Preserving, promoting and sharing the transportation heritage of Red Deer and Central Alberta; passing that heritage to future generations in a sustainable and interactive way through education, advocacy and nurturing a passion for the continuous evolution of trails, railways and transit.
- Heartland Railtours
- Alberta Prairie hosts an exciting one day adventure aboard a real steam powered train.
- Iron Horse Park Miniature Railway, Airdrie AB
- Live steam and large-scale diesel locomotives on a large plot of land.
Open to the public every Sunday between from May 21st and Oct 29th, weather permitting.
Maintained and operated by members of the Alberta Model Engineering Society (AMES).
- Mainline Model Railroaders Fellowship
- MMRF was started in 1997 to bring an annual train show back to
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; and to bring all
independent and club railroaders together for special events, including the Greater Edmonton Train Show (GETS) each September.
- Mountain View Model Railroad Club
- Mountain View Model Railroad Club was founded October 2, 2009 by several hobbyist located in and around the Mountain View County.
The club's meeting was held in the meeting room of the Didsbury Museum and our layout is now located on the second floor of the museum.
- Northern Alberta Garden Railroaders
- The Northern Alberta Garden Railroaders hold monthly meetings in the Edmonton area. Many of these meetings include a discussion or workshop devoted to a topic of interest to all members.
The site contains a timetable of meetings and contact information.
- Prairie Rail Workshop
- A group of about two dozen modelers that believe that you learn
by doing and listening.
- Saskatchewan Railway Museum
- A museum whose goal is to preserve the
railway heritage of Saskatchewan
- Southern Alberta Model Railway Club
- The railway club is located in beautiful Gyro park in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
The address is 15th Street and 10th Avenue A South.
New members and guests are welcome.
The club meets regularly on Tuesday evenings (7:30pm to 9:30 pm)
starting in September and running through to the end of June.
- Thunder Creek Model Railroad Club
- A group of model railroad enthusiasts from the Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan area, who
try to participate in and travel to at least one model railroad show every year to promote the hobby.
- Yellowhead Rail Club
- The Yellowhead Rail club was founded by enthusiastic model railroaders interested in taking their hobby to the public.
Starting as a small traveling layout intended for shows, the group has grown to include a large collection of model railroad equipment from many eras including collectable, brass and novelty trains.
Most recent update: November 22, 2022.
This NMRA on the Web page is written and maintained by:
Copyright 1995-2022 by the National Model Railroad Association. All Rights Reserved.